Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Written in a bound paper journal

Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before.
- Erich Fromm, German Philosopher

A Strange New World indeed.  The last couple of days have been the journey of a thousand life times.  The Disciple insisted that if we returned to my home, the vampire would find us.  He cautioned not to stay long in a single place, "until you can walk the path between worlds."  So we have been moving from motel to motel, to campgrounds, to the wilderness, and back again.  All the money and possessions I have in the world are in my pocket and on my back.

He trains me to fight, with knife and with staff.   He pushes me a little harder each day, and I seem to do things I would not have thought possible of me before.  At night, I go to sleep, sore and battered, yet rise on the morning as fresh as if I had rested in the finest hotel.  As for him, I have seen him neither eat, nor sleep, nor attend to the most basic of necessities.

He teaches me meditation as well, but so far it seems to yeild nothing but an empty mind.  I wonder at times what I have gotten myself into, yet so far he has not lead me astray.  It seems we are doing the impossible, but...

But, but, but, but, but...we are walking on the razor's edge between what must be real, and what must be fiction.

I must have proof.  Something, anything, that surely cuts across reality and shows, once and for all, that the impossible is, in fact, possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment